Walk Cycle


At first, the walk cycle task made me a little nervous because I didn't think I was going to have the skills to do it. After sitting down, taking a deep breath, and plugging in my tablet, I got to work. I watched a lot of tutorials online and from class, then I was able to get the gist of it. It was important to find a rhythm and animate on 3s. Doing everything in its own layer also helped. I began with red and blue lines for the front and back legs, as well as the arms. When the spine and body were done, I outlined the legs and arms and added hands and feet. I did the neck and head last, which was thanks to being able to copy and paste the actual head and rotating it to go along with the rest of the body. The walk seems a bit bouncy, and it only takes two steps, but it's still walking somewhere. 

 

Comments