Bouncing Ball

Creating a bouncing ball was a fun task. I was inspired by the diner I used to work at that had a gumball machine in the corner and a table with a plant next to it. During my first draft, I focused on getting the arches right and making sure the ball had the appropriate speed to make it look like it was actually bouncing. There were two issues though: the ball's volume wasn't consistent and the physics didn't make too much sense. I had the ball bouncing off the gumball machine right to the table, which was too big of an unnatural jump. On top of that, the plant also was freehand so it didn't have consistency either. I went back and did some editing though, and redid the arcs so they were almost a template for how big the ball should be. For the physics, I added some extra bounces before it landed on the table.  I also used the pivot tool to help with the plant, and decided to have it drop on the floor instead of just falling over. After copying and pasting each plant outline, I positioned it so it would drop sideways and even changed the leaf shape. Of course, just as I was about to add the color card and upload, I deleted the background drawing by mistake.... >_<. So I had to redraw it over again. Just like last week, I guess having patience to redo something again is a virtue










Comments